Understand leadership roles by comparing leadership to something else.
- Glue: connecting people to each other’s dreams.
- Curious monkey: seeking and creating clarity with courageous questions.
- Bulldozer: pushing through barriers by exploring resistance.
- Prognosticator: predicting the future by seeing patterns in the past.
- Coach: building winning teams.
- Road sign: calling for alignment.
- Instigator: challenging accepted beliefs and behaviors in order to confront stagnation and create something new.
- Guardian: protecting resources and progress.
- Mentor: sharing useful experiences that guide.
- Magic Eight Ball: making decisions.
- Police man: correcting, enforcing, and holding accountable for the common good.
- Partner: sharing the load by honoring and leveraging strengths.
- Magnet: attracting followers by focusing on shared values.
- Communicator: conveying relevant information that empowers.
- Servant: seeking the success of others.
Leader as curious monkey:
My favorite comparison is curious monkey. The trouble with questions is they create confusion, at least at first.
The path to clarity…
View original post 95 more words