Great food for thought but I would be interested in seeing what others think of this…
Great leadership is more about others and less about you. Stop focusing on yourself.
Great leaders are great because they:
- Have emotional intelligence.
- Reveal greatness in others.
- Know where they’re going and why.
- Don’t really think they are great.
Read the whole “great leaders” list on Facebook.
Two great leaders:
Warren Buffet (4th richest person in the world) and Tony Hsieh (CEO of Zappos) are great leaders because they hire great people and get out of the way.
- Hire people and don’t tell them what to do.
- Let good people set their own standards and direction.
- Delegate almost to the point of abdication.
Dr. David Vik (Doc) invested early in Zappos and worked there for five years. I asked Doc what made Tony Hsieh a great leader. “Zappos’ vision to Deliver Happiness is so clear and powerful that management doesn’t have to tell employees…
View original post 174 more words